Landscape Design Guidelines
Statement of Purpose
To enhance and screen cellular towers, accessory buildings and
equipment associated with cellular towers with landscape material
or other suitable screening device, as determined by the
Department of Planning and Community Development.
Minimum Planting Standards
- Evergreen trees - The height of evergreen trees shall be a
minimum 8' height and should comprise a minimum 40% of the
proposed plant material. Evergreen trees are to be located
so as to screen the building from a road or any residential
district, where applicable.
- Canopy shade trees - The caliper of deciduous trees shall be
a minimum 3" and should comprise a minimum 20% of the proposed
- Understory trees - The caliper of understory trees are to be
a minimum 2" caliper and should comprise a minimum of 40% of the
proposed plant material.
- Ground Cover - Ground cover must be sod, seed or other
acceptable plant material typically specified and established as
- All landscape material shall meet minimum industry standards
and ordinance requirements.
When the planting of
landscaping material is not possible or practical as determined by
the Department, a solid wall or fence a minimum 6’ height, should
be installed to screen the base of the tower from view from
surrounding property and/or public thoroughfare.
Suggested Planting Concept