Rezoning Application Process
A petition to rezone property in the City of Farmington Hills
must be submitted on a Rezoning
Application in accordance with the following instructions. The
petition is first considered at a Planning Commission Preliminary
Hearing, held on the second Thursday of each month. It is
subsequently set for Planning Commission Public Hearing to be held
the third Thursday of the following month.
The petition is forwarded to the City Council along with the
Planning Commission recommendation and is placed on the agenda of
a City Council Public Hearing. The action of the City Council is
- Complete a Rezoning
- – Attach four (4) copies of the proposed plot plan to the
– Attach one (1) copy of the legal description.
– Attach one (1) copy of the approved sign location plot plan.
- Submit the application to the Planning Office, with
attachments. An application submitted by 3:30 PM the 18th day of
the month will be considered at the Planning Commission’s
Preliminary Hearing of the following month. If the 18th day of
the month falls on a weekend, application must be submitted by
12:00 noon the following workday.
- Pay the filing fee of $750.00 - $1,400.00 (please call the
Planning Office to verify fees) to the City of Farmington
Hills Planning Office; obtain a stamped receipt of same.
- Retain a copy of the application showing the item number and
- Petitioner must appear at all scheduled Hearings.
- A copy of the agenda will be furnished to the petitioner.
- Questions concerning the application may be directed to the
Planning Office at (248) 871-2540.