47th District Court
31605 W. Eleven Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
The 47th Judicial District Court is a limited jurisdiction court serving the cities of Farmington and Farmington Hills. The Court has jurisdiction over criminal misdemeanors, civil cases in which the amount in dispute is $25,000 or less, parking violations, traffic violations and other civil infractions, landlord-tenant disputes, and small claims matters. In addition, the Court has initial jurisdiction on criminal felony cases for the purpose of determining probable cause.
COVID-19 Update from the 47th District Court
In response to Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s declaration of a State of Emergency and Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order 2020-2, the 47th District Courthouse is closed to the general public through Friday, April 3, 2020. The following operational practices shall apply during the period of closure:
- The Court will remain operational during regular business hours to conduct essential court services including case events involving in-custody defendants and any other actions deemed as emergencies by the judges. In all cases, the Court will make every attempt to conduct these events via video conferencing. All other case events during this time period shall be adjourned to later dates.
- Court phone lines will remain open during regular business hours. Main number: (248) 871- 2900.
- If you have an outstanding bench warrant you are seeking to resolve, contact the Court by phone (248) 871-2900, and select option 7 from the menu.
- If you are are seeking to make a payment, beginning Wednesday, March 25, 2020, Oakland County will begin waiving service fees for online payments made through the G2G payment system. Online payments may be made at the Court’s section of the City of Farmington Hills website.
- The Court shall accept filings during this period as follows:
- Filings not requiring a filing fee or other payment may be made by FAX to (248) 87-2901.
- All other filings should be made by mail. If you have any questions regarding filings, contact the Civil Division of the Clerk’s Office at (248)871-2900, menu option 6.
- Requests for emergency consideration shall be accepted by FAX (248)871-2901 or by email to email@example.com. Any submitted request must include an explanation of why the matter should be considered an emergency and a return contact number and email address. The judges will review requests and approve them at their discretion.
- Probation appointments shall continue to be conducted by telephone. Probationers should contact their probation officer for further instructions.
For updated information of this rapidly changing situation, please consult the Court’s website. Also, information will be available on the 47th District Court Facebook.
Online Payments for Traffic, Criminal or Probation
Within 14 days of the date the ticket was issued click here.
If it is 15 or more days after the date the ticket was issued click here.
Any ticket issued by Michigan State Police (MSP) must be processed using the 15 or more days link.
If after 14 days, call the Court at 248-871-2920 to confirm the amount due as late fees may apply.
47th Judicial District Court Judges and Magistrates
Judge James B. Brady
Judge Marla E. Parker
Magistrate Matthew Friedrich
Magistrate Dennis J. Pheney
Magistrate Michael Sawicky
Screening Policy All individuals entering the courthouse must proceed through security screening. CAMERA CELL PHONES ARE PROHIBITED IN THE COURTHOUSE AND MUST BE LEFT IN YOUR VEHICLE. For security reasons, no liquids – including coffee and water bottles – are allowed to be brought into the courthouse.