- All qualified individuals will automatically be registered to vote when performing a driver’s license or personal identification card transaction at a Secretary of State branch office, unless the person declines.
- The deadline to register to vote at a Secretary of State branch office, by mail or on-line is now 15 days prior to an Election.
- After the 15-day deadline and through 8pm on Election Day, individuals may register to vote in-person at their local clerk’s office, with proof of residency.
In order to register to vote:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be a resident of the State of Michigan and at least a 30-day resident of the city in which you are registering by Election Day.
- You must be 18 years of age or older by Election Day.
You may register to vote at any Secretary of State branch office, County Clerk’s Office, by mail, on-line or by contacting your City Clerk’s Office at (248) 871-2410.