2021 Summer Tax Bills - Public Notice
The City of Farmington Hills 2021 Summer Tax Bills will be mailed on or about June 30, 2021. They are payable from July 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021 without penalty. Payment must be received by August 31, 2021. Postmarks are not accepted. A 4% penalty plus ½% interest per month thereafter will be added starting September 1, 2021.
By law, failure to receive a tax bill does not waive tax or penalty. Tax bills are not forwarded by the Post Office, unless it is a temporary forwarding order only. The Treasurer's Office will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to accept payment.
If you do not receive your tax bill by July 15, 2021 please contact the Treasurer's Office at 248-871-2480.
A drop box is located by the Police Station next to the mail boxes, and a drop slot is located on the wall near the front entrance on the south side of City Hall.
Checks are accepted as conditional payment. If checks are not honored by the bank, a $30 fee is applied and taxes are considered unpaid and subject to any and all penalties.
The Finance Department is comprised of three primary functions – Accounting, Assessing, and Treasury. The Department’s main responsibility is to facilitate the prudent use of the City’s financial resources by:Maintaining accurate and complete records of all financial transactions, assets, and liabilities.
- Preparing the annual budget for presentation to City Council.
- Overseeing the City’s annual audit and financial report.
- Preparing the annual property tax assessment roll.
- Processing payments to City vendors timely and accurately.
- Processing payroll for City employees timely and accurately.
- Administering the City’s pension assets and retirement benefits.
- Managing the City’s Liability and Property Insurance.
The Finance Department continues to receive national and international recognition for excellence. For the past 35 years, the City of Farmington Hills has received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. For the past 21 years, the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report has received the prestigious Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting from the same organization.
- For Assessing questions/inquiries, please call (248) 871-2470
- For Treasury questions/inquiries, please call (248) 871-2480
- For Finance/Accounting questions/inquiries, please call (248) 871-2440