Property Tax Information
Do you have delinquent 2021 and Prior Year’s Property Taxes? Call Oakland County at 248- 858-0611
2021 and prior property taxes have been turned over to the Oakland County Treasurer's Office. You need to contact them directly for balance and payment options.
Checks payable to: Oakland County Treasurer
Mailing address: 1200 N Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan 48341-0479
Phone: Oakland County Treasurer's Office 248-858-0611.
Having difficulty paying your property tax bill?
- Click here for Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes, if you qualify:
- 2022 Summer taxes may be deferred on your primary residence until February 14, 2023, if your 2021 total household income was less than $40,000 AND:
- You are at least 62 years of age or over
- OR totally and permanently disabled, blind, hemiplegic, paraplegic, or quadriplegic
- OR an eligible serviceperson, eligible veteran, or eligible widow or widower
- Click here for Michigan State programs.
- Click here for Oakland County Treasurer’s Office assistance.
- Click here for Property Tax Relief information from the City Assessor’s office.
When to contact Assessing? 248-871-2470
- After you:
- Recently purchased your property or moved away
- Changed your name
- Sold a portion of your property or signed a land contract
- Have questions about:
- Taxable Value or Assessed Value
- Homestead Exemption
- Hardship or Veteran’s Exemption
- Personal Property
IMPORTANT PROPERTY TAX INFORMATION
|Bill mailed on:
|Payment Due Without Penalty/Interest:
||July 1 to August 31
||December 1 to February 14
|Date Penalty/Interest Added:
||1/2% per month
||0 per month
|Last Date to Pay at City Hall:
|Tax Bills Collected by Oakland County Beginning:
|(You cannot pay at City Hall as of this date.)
Current and historical tax millage rates
are listed here