Supervises personnel involved in the maintenance, repair, and replacement of all heavy equipment and the City’s fleet of motor-vehicles. Coordinates the maintenance and repair of the DPW building including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, alarm system, and building access system. Coordinates the operation of fuel tanks throughout the City including the fuel inventory system. Essential functions include:
- Reports to the DPW Superintendent
- Initiate and maintain preventive maintenance programs for heavy equipment, city vehicles, and the DPW building.
- Review and approve purchase orders, material issue tickets, work orders, repair orders, time sheets, and other administrative paperwork. Ensure that proper and accurate records regarding equipment maintenance repair and facility maintenance repair are maintained.
- Research and prepare specifications for the acquisition of heavy equipment and City vehicles, fleet maintenance services, building maintenance services, capital projects, and other projects as assigned, in cooperation with other departments.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and capital equipment replacement schedule for the DPW.
- Coordinate and supervise the maintenance of the City's two-way communication system for the local government radio channels.
- Remain current with technology, equipment, and best fleet maintenance/management practices through contact with other governmental agencies and colleagues, and by attending seminars and other educational meetings.
How to apply
All candidates must complete a City of Farmington Hills employment application.
Applications are located at www.fhgov.com
or in the Human Resources Department at City Hall (31555 West Eleven Mile Road Farmington Hills, MI 48336). Please email the completed application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person to the HR Department for consideration.
Current employees should submit a letter of interest to Human Resources. You are welcomed to attach your resume to your letter of interest.