Home Chore Program
Minor Home Repair
- Volunteers available for small repairs (donations requested).
- General maintenance, carpentry, etc.
Major Home Repairs
- List of commercial contractors available for hire.
Available seasonally, dependent upon special needs and availability of volunteer resources. Reservations must be made early in season.
- Leaf raking.
- Emergency snow clearing.
The Outreach Program provides information and access to services and programs available to seniors in the community.
Must be 60 years or better and a Farmington/Farmington Hills resident or caregiver.
Information on housing options and alternatives.
- General Medicare/Medicaid Counseling
- Medicare Part D
- Affordable Care Act
- Caregiver assistance.
- Emergency food assistance.
- Telephone Reassurance
- Knox Box Program
For more information, please call (248) 473-1826.
- Friendly phone call provides daily contact with a Farmington-area homebound senior who lives alone.
- Phone calls are received Monday through Friday 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Remembering When- a fire and fall prevention program for older adults
At age 65, older adults are twice as likely to be killed or injured by fires compared to the population at large. The Remembering When program is centered around 16 key safety messages - 8 fire prevention and 8 fall prevention. This program offers group presentations and home visits to discuss the 16 key safety messages as well as offer recommendations and other safety/fire resources. For additional information contact 248-473-1826.
Farmington Hills Adult Day Program
Farmington Hills Adult Day Program is a social and recreational day program dedicated to serving older adults with functional needs in our community by becoming involved in the activities offered by the City of Farmington Hills Adults 50 & Better.
The Farmington Hills Adult Day Program program provides opportunities for individuals to maintain or improve their functional abilities in a safe, supervised structured environment. This reduces isolation, enhances self esteem and maximizes their potential.
Our participants include older adults who are experiencing a decrease in physical, mental of social functioning. Appropriate diagnoses may include isolation, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and stroke survivors as well as other challenges.
For admission criteria, fees, and more information, call (248) 473-1872.
Farmington Hills Adult Day Program Brochure
For more information on our various support groups, contact (248) 473-1830.
Share encouragement, support, and learn with others caring for someone 1st and 3rd Wednesday each month at 1:00 PM. Topics of discussion cover financial and legal considerations, emotional needs, and. practical solutions. Adult Respite Care is available by calling (248) 473-1872.
Grief and Loss
Joining a grief support group can be a healthy first step in the healing process. Meet others who are dealing with similar losses and gain a better understanding of the grief process. This support group meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month at 1:30 PM.
First Step Stroke
All stroke survivors, their caregivers, and family members are invited every 2nd Tuesday, 1:00 - 3:00 PM, for socialization, activities, encouragement, and support.
Vision Support Group
This group meets on the 1st Wednesday each month at 12:30 PM to provide information, socialization, speakers, and support to those with low vision. Transportation is available.
Home Delivered Meals/Meals on Wheels
- Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Phone: (248) 473-1825
- Meals available Monday - Friday.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- 60 years or better or a spouse of someone 60 or better.
- Farmington/Farmington Hills Resident.
- Homebound and unable to prepare meals.
- $2.75 donation/hot meal and $1 donation/cold meal.
Conway Café Carry-Out Meal Program
Conway Cafe Menu
- Reserved meals are available for pick up Monday-Friday ONLY FROM 12:00-12:15 PM
- Must register for at least one day in advance by 11 AM by calling 248-473-1830
- No exceptions to posted meal
- Donation of $2.75 for Adults 60 +
- Anyone under 60, $5.00
Liquid Nutrition Supplements
- Ensure, Ensure Plus and Glucerna.
- 60 years of age or better.
- Farmington/Farmington Hills Resident.
- Must have a doctor's prescription.
- Meals on Wheels meal packers needed daily.
- Meals on Wheels drivers needed daily.
Special Services Volunteer Application
Nutrition services are funded through Title III, Older Americans Act Funds, and Area Agency on Aging 1-B through the Office of Services to the Aging, and complies with terms and regulations of Title V of Civil Rights Act of 1964 of Social Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Equal opportunity employee program.
The Transportation program provides curb-to-curb wheelchair accessible van service to adults (55 or better) and disabled residents of Farmington/Farmington Hills. Priority is given to medical appointments.
Transportation is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Reservations can be made by calling at least 3 - 4 working days prior to appointment. Please call (248) 473-1864 for reservations between the hours of 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. A $2 suggested donation each way.
- Medical appointments in Farmington, Farmington Hills, Novi, West Bloomfield, Southfield, Livonia, and limited destinations in Royal Oak.
- Farmington Hills Center for Active Adults Shuttle - available daily with morning and afternoon stops.
- Shopping at Busch’s & Kroger. Other shopping destinations are available with a minimum of 3 passengers.
For more information, please call (248) 473-1864.